(540) 373-6589 | info@foltzcpa.com


What to Do if You're Thinking About Filing for an Extension

Sam Foltz

April 11, 2016

Taxes are due Monday, April 18, 2016.

If you’re not going to finish your tax return on time, file an extension. You'll have six more months to complete your return, putting the due date at October 17, 2016, for most calendar year taxpayers.

Even with an extension of time to file, the deadline to pay taxes owed and avoid penalty and interest charges is April 18.  The extension form will ask you to estimate what you owe.

Extension forms are available by filing status – individual, business and more. 

Individuals can e-file their extension form for free under Free File.  Look for “Free Extensions for Anyone.”

 For more information, visit this IRS webpage:


Back to List

In three easy steps, our team can help you
find your path to a sustainable, profitable business
and more individual freedom.



Latest from Our Blog

qb-proadvisor-desktop qb-proadvisor-advdesktop qb-proadvisor-online qb-proadvisor-advonline qb-proadvisor-enterprise

Learn More

Help us. Help others.

Tell us about your experience with our firm.

Review Us